- Qualified Occupational Therapist registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Certified through CSME as a Functional Observer utilizing the AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment (4th ed.) for catastrophic designation
- Professional development includes courses in chronic pain, concussion, CBT, PGAP, AMPS and cognitive rehabilitation, as well as courses offered through Brock University and OBIA
- Clinical Educator in M.Sc. OT program mentoring problem-based learning groups, guest lecturing and offering clinical placements
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy from Western University
- A member of Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT), Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists (OSOT) and the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT)
Kristen in her own words…
I am a parent of two young children, a yoga enthusiast and an avid traveler. Throughout our travels, my spouse and I have started scuba diving, which has become one of our favorite vacation activities. There is something so peaceful and humbling about underwater life and landscape and we look forward to one day sharing these adventures with our children. I am also eager to road trip around Canada with them, as I love discovering new places to explore and dine.
Occupational therapy has always resonated with me as I strongly connect with the profession’s roots in ‘arts and crafts’. I am a DIY devotee and have more crafting hobbies than can reasonably be listed. I can often be heard encouraging occupational balance and engagement in leisure activities to my clients, colleagues and friends; I have so much appreciation for how engagement in our most meaningful activities contributes to our well-being!
I have had the privilege of having some incredible mentors throughout the years and I strive to provide this quality of support through my professional and academic involvement. As a business leader and as a woman, I am committed to fostering a practice where life-long learning, respect for all and personal growth are central. At the moment, I am working on my certification as a life care planner, exploring all the hype with online spin classes and working on maintaining my own occupational balance with young ones.